Wednesday 3 June 2015

31-Days of Music Discovery

It's June already, the sixth month of the year 2015. Time seems to be moving faster than the fastest thing you can imagine (it's subjective you see, because at this precise moment, my mind is saying the only fast thing in the world is Usain Bolt)
I am currently in the last known summer break (as of now) and other than doing nothing, i happen to be stumbling upon some really good music artists and some amazing movie soundtracks as well . The amazing journey of discovering music is nothing short of a spiritual journey is it?

In this post I will combine my discovery on Day 1 and Day 2 of June. The rest will hopefully be done on the day itself.

June Day 1
Artist: Oh Wonder
Their minimalsitic logo is

It spells "ow" like you can see. It's also the way your feels feel when you listen to them. 
Oh Wonder consists of  Anthony and Josephine, who release one song every month and have been doing so far the past nine months.
I was surprised to find that they did not have an EP, but boy was I "over the midnight moon" (references) when i learned they have their first album scheduled to release in September this year!
Check them out here: https://soundcloud.com/ohwondermusic 
The first song of theirs i heard :

June Day 2
Artist: Jaymes Young
It was a wonderful accident how i found Jaymes young. It wasn't actually. It's cookies, internet cookies. Naturally, after I discovered Oh Wonder, Youtube graciously suggested- Northern Lights by one Jaymes Young from Mr. Suicide Sheep. I fell in love with the sound in an instant.

Listen to it here :

I then found his album Dark Star and listened to it till I fell asleep. I'm not suggesting that it's boring, obviously not. It was peaceful. Perfect pre-sleep music I must say. 


Movie soundtracks I've been listening to:
Begin Again 
Lovely movie, beautiful songs. Enough said.



No comments:

Post a Comment