Monday 8 June 2015

31 Days of Music Discovery| Day 8

I have successfully crossed the one week mark with one missed update. Now that i feel more than better, I shall update punctually!
So, today I finally got around to listening to Anirudh Ravichander's eighth cinema music score for the movie "Maari". Not a lot of people know I am a huge fan of Anirudh Ravichander music and thoroughly enjoy a lot of his songs. His songs are in a way typical tamil songs but also aren't(?). It has the blend of thapang and hip-hop, for example and i find that it's a genius combination. Anyway, the album is really catchy and my personal favourite is " Oru Vidha Aasai" which sounds very new-age, jazzy and too damn catchy. 

(And no, i am not Tamilian, but i do have tamil influences in my family. You don't have to be the speaker of a particular language to enjoy the music right? Right!)

Now, I chose to listen to the band "Ra Ra Riot". This indie band has a cello player and a violinist. They go from sounding like musicians from the Victorian era at times, to 90's teen movie theme songs and so obviously i loved listening to them. I listened to their album "The Orchard". I enjoyed it! 

     

                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment