Thursday 5 June 2014

Let The Ocean Take Me- The Amity Affliction


I found out that The Amity Affliction are streaming their new album 'Let The Ocean Take Me'. My heart had exploded when i had listened to their singles 'Pittsburgh' and ' Don't Lean on Me'. So i had really high expectations from the rest of the album. Boy did they exceed my expectations! Personally the lyrics are doing things to my emotions that i cannot explain. It is literally like they're singing about my life and the things i've been going through for the past few months. Maybe it's that, or maybe the record is actually as brilliant as i think it is. It starts off with Pittsburgh, which along with Dont Lean on Me were my favourite songs i thought...until i listened to the rest of the album. Every song i heard, every word made sense TO ME. So i frantically started texting the lyrics to my friends because believe it or not the lyrics explained everything i felt, feel that i am unable to explain myself. I must say this, Pittsburgh to Give It All, i love them all. This record will be close to my heart, because five dudes from down under, could through their experiences and thoughts come up with a record that makes sense to the half-lived life of an indian girl having episodes of existential crisis. If that isn't the sign of a good artist i don't know what is.  The lyrics along with the melody and Ahren's soothing clean vocals, with the twisty music that is meant to give pangs of feelings at the right time, is just in one word BRILLIANT! I just cannot believe this record. If someone is reading this i beseech you to listen to the record. Tell me if you think it is as good as i think it is. I'll leave a link to it below.
Lastly, I would like to thank the band for making music and just existing i guess. Thank you!

Album Stream :  http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/the_amity_affliction_let_the_ocean_take_me_album_premiere
Go exercise your emotions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment