Saturday 25 January 2014

I MET THE ARCHITECTS

On 11/1/2014 one of the best metal core bands ARCHITECTS came to perform at IIT-Madras. AND I WAS THERE! Not only was i there, i had exclusive access to the stage, backstage, front stage and anywhere i wanted to go to get picture! How i managed to do that is still a mystery, but at the same time etched into my head! It seemed like an impossible task at the time! Why? Because the college security was way too stringent for the likes of a few fangirls/boys like myself. All i was planning on doing was to shoot the whole concert....with a CAMERA not a GUN. I'm sorry it's so violent sounding, but seriously though. So this is how i did it.

I was meeting my twitter friend PAV for the first time there. We were on our way to an indoor gig when we heard the guitar and drums for These Colours Don't Run. We ran to the Open Air Theater (OAT). There they were. IN PERSON! THE ARCHITECTS!! That's where i met a student of the college in charge of the media passes who told me he could give me one if i had a media id. Which i did not. So i contacted a friend of mine who worked for an e-zine and asked me if he could help me out. He informed about his colleague who was at the fest and that he would definitely help me out. So i met him and he was such a sweet and patient person and listened to my rambling about how much i wanted to shoot this gig. he readily offered his position as conditions did not permit more than two persons to enter the gig. After the press concert, in which i almost had a fangirl fit, the photographer said that he was too tired and that i should cover the gig instead of him. He was literally in angel in disguise. I do  not know how i can repay the both of them for being such kind souls. It is because of them that i got to shoot the gig from the photographers pit and from the stage. The best experience ever!! Not only did i have an opportunity to photograph the ARCHITECTS, i was actually able to click a selfie with them after the show!

This is the best way i could start off my year! And i just know there is more to come!

[ For the pictures visit : https://www.facebook.com/AnushaJagannathPhotography ]

No comments:

Post a Comment