Saturday 20 September 2014

Everyone needs an Aisha in their life!

I am really behind schedule with my Book Worm Saga, you'll know why when i post the post about the book. Meanwhile, my head has been whizzing with other things. Now isn't it obvious why i haven't finished reading the book! It all started when i watched The Devil Wears Prada. It's a movie everyone has watched and loved and if you say otherwise, you are lying! The transformation Anne Hathaway goes through in the movie from dork to chic, every girl in wants that at some point. I wont deny it, i wanted that too! It never occurred to me why i never really got into fashion. As in, like it and live it.
Another random set of mouse clicking led me to this bollywood song, from Student of The Year- Gulabi Ankaein. Watch it.

"The girl's got everything ! (x4) 
I've got it all, 
Jimmy Choo & Manolo, Prada, Galliano, 
Cant get nuff, I want more and more... 
Louis Vuitton & the Stella Mccartney, Donatella Versace, 
I Use bag from GUCCI !! 
Gulabi ankhein jo meri dekhi, 
Diwana har dil hogya, 
Sambhalo khud ko, zara becharo, 
Ki jeena mushkil ho gya !! 
The girl's got everything ! (x4) 
Mujhsi kahi, koi nahi, 
Jo sab k khabo me hai, I'm the one !! 
Duniya mere, piche chale, 
Mai sabse age hu, I'm number one !! 
I've got it all, 
Jimmy Choo & Manolo, Prada, Galliano, 
Cant get nuff, I want more and more... 
Louis Vuitton & the Stella Mccartney, Donatella Versace, 
I Use bag from GUCCI !! 
Gulabi ankhein jo meri dekhi, 
Diwana har dil hogya, 
Sambhalo khud ko, zara becharo, 
Ki jeena mushkil ho gya !! 
The girl's got everything ! (x4)


Yeah that's the lyrics. After you've watched this video, you will most probably come across this one as well! Aisha............. You watch that video and wonder, what i wonder and pray and hope you get an Aisha in your life. If you're too lazy to watch the video, then i shall describe it to you. It starts with a quick montage of the world's most posh brands and two posh girls strutting into these stores whilst a "behenji" type girl (THAT girl is me and you) stands with innocent awe. The posh girls are back with bags with things for behenji! Yes, i kid you not. And they do this a few more times and Ms. Aisha pays for it herself. The next part is the shoe-shopping and yeah well, it is  beautiful to say the least. Then they take behenji to a posh beauty parlour where they cut off her long plaited hair (THE FAKE EXTENSIONS ARE SO OBVIOUS IN THE VIDEO omg) and colour her hair, do her eyebrows and all the other pampering that would usually empty my non-branded medium sized money bag. But behenji pays for nothing. Now the posh girls take her home and do the "I'll sing in front of the mirror like a pop-diva with my blow-dryer as the mike" cliche. That is allowed without much objection because then, they do behenji's make-up after kindly throwing dresses away casually across the bed till behenji chooses the right one. After being beautified with make-up they walk up the red carpet like stars. 
Given that i have not watched the movie, I'm unsure if behenji pays Aisha back. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't) Also, this makes it hard for me to understand why anyone would do this for someone. Minus these essential factors and i really need an Aisha in my life. No, i am not a charity case. I'm just saying it would be nice to have an experienced fashioner to guide me through the do's and don'ts especially the,  "DON'T pay the expensive shopping bills, I'll DO that."  
I have to admit, i do use up all my money even before i get it! (it is technically possible as i owe people from 3 months prior) So i sort of, in a very mild way, very very very slightly become a charity case. But if an Aisha fell from the heavens of people with excess money to spare, then well i can clearly use the money i have to pay off the debts( and save my family from the 1BHK) (just kidding obviously)
But no sane person would say no to this! Am i right? (or am i just cheap?) But as far as I'm concerned i strongly believe a person like me would do well with a random Aisha appearing once in a while to buy me a new wardrobe. In return i will do justice to the excess money that was used on me. Promise! 

I shall now go and re-evaluate my existence. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment