Saturday 5 July 2014

John Green Books

I recently read two of John Green's books. One-An Abundance of Katherines. Two- Paper Towns. I fell in love with the latter and developed mixed feelings about the former. I have now read four out of five books by John Green. (just putting it out there)

An  Abundance of Katherines


Bun Dance Of Ana Inskat
Funk Cant Dine On A Bear Eh
Cant Hand An Oak Feris Bunee
Aana B Is Not Here Neck Fund
Nanies Bun Dance KO A Father

If you're wondering what those extremely random bunch of sentences are, let me tell you. That is my meagre effort at anagramming An Abundance of Katherines. Clearly I suck at it. But that is my way of paying tribute to the book. If you have read the book you'll know why i anagrammed it. If you haven't, you're probably a bit confused what anagramming has to do with the book. (or not) It's because, it has everything to do with the book. It is the story about one Colin Singleton who was a child prodigy, who likes anagrams and has single handedly dated nineteen Katherines. The concept is different and obviously well written, but the amount and degree of coincidence in the book, which i would generally die for, didn't do it for me. It is quite predictable. You know the Katherine Streak is going to end, but you still feel the urge to root for it not to. The story is interesting in it's own way and when you are just getting used to the beginning of the new love story, the book ends. Just like that. I guess that's only fair since it is no longer the abundance of the 'Katherines', in Colin's life. All in all, after Looking For Alaska and TFIOS, I was personally a little let down by this book, but I do love it nonetheless.


Paper Towns
Have you ever read a book that you start, but you want to keep reading it, stopping at nothing, not even early classes the next day? This book falls under that category. It is about Quentin "Q" Jacobsen's search for the love of his life, Margo Roth Spiegelman. Throughout the book I felt this deep longing to imbibe Margo into my cells so I can be like her. John Green has done it with this one. I could honestly re-read it anytime and not get tired of it. John Green has a way of choosing the most random themes for his books. I'm not complaining here. 
The book came out after the year of Brotherhood 2.0 and I couldn't stop myself from fangirling when i saw the slightest reference from the Brotherhood era. (NERDFIGHTER HU HAH)

"A paper town for a paper girl"
"It is so hard to leave, until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world"
There are actually many more such lines from the book i loved, but couldn't write them all down because i just wanted to know what happens. So now you know, even though i am unable to express it in the right way, i just could not put the book down until i was done. 
So get busy reading it!




No comments:

Post a Comment