Thursday 7 August 2014

Book Therapy!

I am halfway through J.K. Rowling's Casual Vacancy and as I was reading a rather plain line in the novel, I realised how deeply involved I was in the story. It was like i was running down the stairs with the character and splashing through the rain with him to see what he was upto. Not only that, i had completely forgotten all the things i have to worry about for tomorrow, which includes organising  a photography competition, participating in another competition myself, getting my attendance slips signed by untrusting teachers, writing a script for the class play and not have a breakdown. Even as i typed that sentence out, i felt a giddy feeling of anxiety rush through my body. But reading a book, not only makes me forget my troubles in my conscious mind, it somehow rearranged itself in my subconscious mind, making it less troublesome and scary. It gives me a very strong feeling of confidence and "I can do anything" attitude. Very irrelevant. But calming. Soothing almost.

I also have a goodreads account, which i hardly log into and for a good reason. It gives me 'Book Anxiety'. A feeling of "so many books, so little time". If i could have one job (that i would never ever resign from), it would be the task of reading all the books that have ever been written. In my opinion, there can be no 'bad book'. So even the books that have poor reviews will be cherished by me. That is probably how the one who cannot meditate for days without food and water, gains divine knowledge to attain nirvana, by reading all the books that have ever been written. Could someone invent this job for me? Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment